Transferring music and other files from your onetime telephone to your new 1 tin be catchy, especially if y’all are changing platform (Android to iPhone or vice versa). You may have caused lots of precious data on your Android that you lot don’t want to lose when switching to an iPhone.
Luckily, at that place are enough of applications already on your telephone and your figurer yous can use for the transfer, as well equally some third party apps which greatly simplify this task.
In this guide, nosotros’ll have a expect at 6 options you lot may wish to consider to transfer music from your Android device to your iPhone.
- Can I transfer music with the “Movement to iOS” app?
- Transfer Music and more with Droid Transfer
- Windows File Explorer
- Android File Transfer for Mac
- Transfer music streaming services from Android to iPhone
- Can I transfer music from Android to iPhone using Bluetooth?
Can I transfer music with the “Movement to iOS” app?
The Move to iOS app is a gratis Android app developed by Apple, which makes information technology piece of cake to transfer the vast majority of your data from Android to iPhone via Wi-Fi. Y’all tin can transfer your bulletin history, electronic mail accounts, contacts, calendars, camera photos, free apps and chrome bookmarks.
Note however that the Move to iOS app does not transfer your Music, Books, PDFs or Files. To do transfer these, you’ll need to utilize one of the methods described in the rest of this article.
Transfer Music from Android to iPhone with Droid Transfer
For a one-stop-shop tool to backup and transfer your music and other Android data, nosotros recommend using Droid Transfer.
Using this powerful software, you can easily play, copy, delete and sync your music between your Android device and your PC or iTunes, assuasive for a quick transfer to your iPhone.
The ‘Sync iTunes’ method described below is invaluable, because Droid Transfer volition merely transfer tracks from your Android which are non already in your iTunes library. Once your iTunes contains all the songs from your Android phone, you can sync your iPhone with iTunes assuasive y’all to effectively motion your Android music to your iPhone without duplicating your music.
You can besides employ this method to transfer music from one Android to some other!
Before you lot begin the transfer, ensure that you take:
- Droid Transfer installed on your PC.
- The Transfer Companion app installed on your Android.
- iTunes installed on your PC.
To transfer music from Android to iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Launch Droid Transfer and connect your Android device (prepare guide).
- Open up the Music feature section.
- Click “Sync iTunes”.
- Hit “Copy tracks to iTunes”.
- Once the music has transferred, safely disconnect your Android and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes, select your iPhone and click the Music header.
- Here you tin choose to sync your unabridged iTunes library, or a select few tracks to your iPhone.
With the gratis download of Droid Transfer, you lot tin re-create up to 100 music tracks, free! What else can I exercise with the free download?
Try Droid Transfer free ▼
Receive an e-mail with a link and so yous can download the costless trial on your computer:
Note: Nosotros respect your privacy. Nosotros won’t share your Email address with anyone else, or transport yous spam.
Transfer music from Android to iPhone using Windows File Explorer
Although third party tools make life easier when transferring Android files, they are non required to complete this task.
Note however, to avoid duplicating music on your figurer or in iTunes, we recommend using the Droid Transfer sync tool covered in method two.
To transfer music from Android to iPhone using File Explorer:
- Connect your Android phone to your PC using your USB cable.
- If y’all are prompted to select a connexion type on your Android telephone, choose the “Transfer Files” or “MTP” option.
- Open File Explorer and select your Android phone.
- Navigate to your phone’s Music folder. This may be in your device’s internal storage or SD card, depending on your preferences.
- Select the music that you wish to copy and drag it into a folder on your computer.
- Now you can disconnect your Android phone and connect your iPhone.
- Launch iTunes if it does not open automatically.
- Open the folder where you copied your Android music to and drag the music into the Songs section in iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and click the Music header. Here you tin can choose whether to sync your entire iTunes library, or select only certain songs to sync.
- Once you are happy with the preferences, click Sync!
Make certain that you leave your iPhone connected while the sync is in progress.
Once the sync is complete, you volition exist able to find your Music in the default Music app on your iPhone!
Transfer music from Android to iPhone using Android File Transfer
On Mac, y’all’ll need to install Android File Transfer in lodge to browse and transfer your Android files.
This app is completely free, and is essential if y’all desire to access and transfer files from an Android device to your Mac.
To transfer music from Android to iPhone using Mac:
- Connect your Android phone to your Mac using your USB cable.
- Launch Android File Transfer and open up the Music folder.
- Select the music you wish to copy, then elevate them to a binder on your Mac.
- Disconnect your Android telephone and connect your iPhone.
- If you are using macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, open up iTunes and click Songs. For macOS Catalina 10.xv and higher, open up Music.
- Drag your copied songs from your binder to the Songs section in the Music app or iTunes Library.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes (or Music app) and click the Music header. Here you can choose whether to sync your unabridged iTunes library, or select only certain songs to sync.
- Once yous are happy with the preferences, click Sync!
Make sure that yous leave your iPhone continued while the sync is in progress.
Once the sync is complete, you will be able to find your Music in the default Music app on your iPhone!
Transfer music streaming services from Android to iPhone
Streaming services are becoming more and more popular for music management. If y’all use a music streaming service similar Spotify, Google Play Music or Apple Music, it’s easy to access your music on a different device.
Since these subscription services store your business relationship data in the cloud, you can log onto your business relationship from any device to admission your music.
As such, to access your music streaming service on iPhone, only go to the App Store on your iPhone and download the relevant app. Log into your account on the app and go along to enjoy the service on your iPhone!
The only drawback here is that music that you downloaded on your Android from the service will not automatically be downloaded to your iPhone.
You can get through and manually download your favourite music once again, or to make sure that your favourite music carries over to your iPhone, simply create playlists. Saving playlists on your Android volition ensure that you’ll also take access to the playlists on your iPhone.
Have Spotify for example – here’s how to create playlists in Spotify:
- Launch Droid Transfer and go to “Your Library”.
- Tap “Create Playlist”.
- Name your new playlist.
- Tap “Create”
- Tap “Add Songs”
- Choose songs to add to your new playlist.
Now, when I log in to Spotify on my iPhone, I’ll see the “My fave tunes” playlist and all its songs!
Can I transfer music from Android to iPhone using Bluetooth?
Simply put, no. Unfortunately, Apple does not allow for transferring files from device to device.
The Bluetooth “profile” needed to transfer files between devices is notably missing from Apple tree’s list of supported Bluetooth profiles.
And so now you know multiple ways to transfer your music from Android to iPhone, and nosotros have debunked methods which will not work. You’ve got the cognition you lot demand to cull the method that best suits you, simply let’s recap:
- Apply Droid Transfer for an all-in-ane professional person fashion to manage your Android information – including syncing your music with iTunes – this is invaluable.
- Use Windows File Explorer for a few quick music transfers to your PC. You’ll then demand to import the music into iTunes and sync with your iPhone.
- If you are using Mac, you’ll demand to go “Android File Explorer” to be able to transfer your music from Android to Mac.
- Whereas if you stream your music using an app, you can simply download the app on your iPhone and log in with your account details!
Broad Angle Software
Don’t forget to like & share with your friends!