The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the creation of this content.
SUSE Delivers A Fully Integrated & Purpose Built Deject Native Solution to Manage Kubernetes & Operating Systems at the Edge
DETROIT, Oct. 25, 2022
- SUSE incorporates its portfolio of Linux and Kubernetes Management into Border 2.0 providing a secure stack that will allow customers to scale edge operations
- Also debuting at KubeCon NA, new innovations for the Rancher by SUSE portfolio that will enhance security for cloud native workloads
DETROIT, Oct. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ —
KubeCon North America
— SUSE(R), a global leader in innovative, reliable and secure enterprise-class open up source solutions, today announces new advancements that volition empower customers to accelerate and scale edge infrastructures as well as transform edge operations. In conjunction with the new advancements for Rancher, SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) Micro and SUSE NeuVector, SUSE’southward Edge solution brings a highly secure, integrated and scalable platform that simplifies, centralizes and automates Kubernetes and Linux Bone lifecycle management across distributed edge locations.
“Combining the industry’south most widely adopted certified lightweight Kubernetes distro and our manufacture leading enterprise-ready secure Linux OS congenital just for the Edge, nosotros’re i of the first to deliver a fully integrated cloud native solution that addresses our customer’s number i challenge – the need to scale. They need the correct cloud infrastructure and edge solutions that can scale simply and successfully manage 1000s of clusters across multiple geographical locations,” said Keith Basil, SUSE General Manager of Edge. “The amalgamation of cloud native technologies, increased calculating speeds, and artificial intelligence is accelerating border computing. To meet this demand and continue our innovation we will significantly expand investment in our edge business in 2023.”
A Deject Native Stack for Full Lifecycle Management at the Edge
The need for edge calculating is growing. Gartner predicts that by 2025,
more than than fifty% of enterprise-managed data will be created and processed exterior the information centre or cloud. Similarly, The Linux Foundation found that
Edge Calculating volition be 4x larger than cloud and will generate 75% of information worldwide by 2025.
To set customers up for success for the next generation of embedded border devices and permit customers to scale, SUSE Edge 2.0 delivers a full range of deject native edge direction solutions with security seamlessly integrated across the total stack – from applications to Kubernetes to operating systems. With varying edge uses – full general edge, telecom and automotive – that require boosted capabilities, only SUSE provides a employ case-based edge solution to friction match the exact needs of the customer.
Boosted capabilities of Edge 2.0 include:
Reduces operational complication
– Customers will benefit from a fully integrated solution that offers toll-efficient, centralized management at scale for unsupervised edge locations. This enables It operators to add new edge devices easily and deliver rolling updates with no bear on on availability, which reduces the Information technology skills required for organizations to deploy modern, cloud native applications at the edge.
Ability to manage both Kubernetes and operating system
– SUSE Edge 2.0 manages Kubernetes and the underlying operating organization from a single control aeroplane and includes around the clock break-set back up and expert consulting services. This enables customers to deliver hassle gratuitous operations at every stage of development, including design, deployment and maintenance, when running circuitous, cloud-native workloads in edge-based locations.
Operating system built for the Edge
– The latest release of SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) Micro 5.3, which is a lightweight operating system purpose built for containerized and virtualized workloads, is now fully integrated with Rancher. Together with Rancher will provide seamless deployment of SLE Micro v.3 and requite customers the ability to manage operating systems and Kubernetes from one dashboard. Additionally, with Elemental being fully open source, customers now have even more than choices for underlying infrastructure.
Security for any distributed environment
– With SUSE Edge 2.0, customers tin securely implement edge applications at whatever remote location, in a mini-information center or equally an Industrial IoT (IIOT) edge device. Additionally, almost secure organizations such every bit defence and regime can contain SLE Micro, which adheres to the commercial cybersecurity product certification that is mandated by federal procurement requirements and is planned to be listed at NIAP as nether evaluation for FIPS 140-3 certification and Mutual Criteria. For application level in-cluster security, SUSE NeuVector tin be added on top to provide the defense in depth protection equally well every bit zero-trust runtime security.
Security for Cloud Native Workloads
Businesses are increasingly faced with keeping costs down, improving run time and ensuring workloads are secure and scalable all while ensuring they don’t get locked into i vendor. With more than 100 million downloads and tens of thousands of production deployments effectually the earth, Rancher maintains its position every bit one of the manufacture’s most widely adopted container management platform.
New features with the upcoming release of
will assistance customers better secure and manage Kubernetes workloads beyond virtualized, cloud, and bare metal environments, including calculation additional operating organisation management functionality.
provides the industry’southward highest level of security and compliance without compromising awarding performance and hardware resource. With the upcoming release of SUSE NeuVector 5.i, customers volition do good from more efficient and powerful vulnerability scanning and access controls beyond multiple clusters through centralized enterprise scanning, automobile-scaling scanners, and support for the new Kubernetes (1.25+) pod security admission (PSA) standard. This release supports the Cilium network plug-in, which will benefit Cilium users with advanced security capabilities, including naught-trust security automation and the full layer vii firewall protection like WAF (Web Awarding Firewall), DLP (Data Leakage Prevention), DPI (Deep Packet Inspection), amid others. This will also help the same security controls to scale across clusters and clouds which may have different or multiple types of CNI plugins. In add-on, the release of open source build tools for the Open up Nothing Trust projection, based on NeuVector, are at present bachelor for community users to create and build their ain versions of Open up Zero Trust.
SUSE customer testimonial:
“In typical industrial store floor environments, operational technologies to control automation systems are very hard to integrate into Information technology systems. Using SLE Micro, K3s, Rancher and NeuVector in our industrial solutions bridges the gap between shop floor and IT. For our customers, the above components let for enterprise-IT-grade standardization, security and compliance throughout the whole life bike of the automation solution.” said Dr. Stefan Odermatt, Senior Vice President Global Concern Center Systems Research & Development at SICK AG.
For more information on Rancher by SUSE, end by our booth at KubeCon NA (#P23) or to larn more than almost building the next generation of intelligent edge products with SUSE, visit www.suse.com/solutions/edge-computing.
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and secure enterprise-grade open source solutions, relied upon by more threescore% of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Business-critical Linux, Enterprise Container Management and Border solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere – from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond.
SUSE puts the “open” back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company employs more than 2,000 people globally. SUSE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for the visitor, including statements containing the words “aims,” “targets,” “will,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” and like expressions, may plant frontwards-looking statements and should be read with circumspection. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a outcome of various important factors, including competitive landscape, evolution of client deals, reliance upon client relationships, management of growth and acquisitions, the possibility of undetected software problems, the risks of impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and economic downturns, pricing pressures and the viability of the Cyberspace. In addition, any forward-looking statements included herein correspond views every bit of the appointment of this printing release and these views could change. The Company does not have whatsoever obligation to update its frontward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to change and should non be relied upon as representing the Visitor’s views every bit of whatsoever appointment other than the date of this press release.
Copyright 2022 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Natalie Paffmann, email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/suse-delivers-a-fully-integrated–purpose-congenital-cloud-native-solution-to-manage-kubernetes–operating-systems-at-the-border-301657581.html
Is there a problem with this press release? Contact the source provider Comtex at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can too contact MarketWatch Customer Service via our Customer Heart.
Copyright (C) 2022 PR Newswire. All rights reserved
The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the cosmos of this content.