Firmware 3.0 Adds Nearly 20 More Features + More than Powerful Functioning to Nikon’southward Mirrorless Flagship
, /PRNewswire/ — Nikon Inc. has announced yet another substantial update for the Nikon Z nine, bringing more powerful functioning and added features to what’s widely regarded as the most capable full-frame mirrorless camera bachelor. At present available for free download, the firmware iii.0 update is the second major update to the Z nine this year, adding enhancements to video and photo capture, usability, operability, autofocus and so much more.
“Firmware 3.0 not simply demonstrates Nikon’s commitment to addressing our customers’ needs, but also our continued back up to update products to their total potential for the benefit of our users,” said
Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President,
Both video and photograph shooters as well every bit creators will run into impressive benefits from the new firmware with this update. Some of the more notable features include a new Hullo-Res Zoom office1, which provides the effect of additional optical zoom for
video, and a new C60 High-Speed Frame Capture+2, enabling sixty fps still shooting in DX-format. Firmware iii.0 also includes enhancements to the AF equally well equally upgraded brandish and operability, such as increasing the number of buttons that tin can exist used equally custom controls.
Starting today, Z nine owners tin can visit the website here to download firmware iii.0 for complimentary. Nikon will continuously run across users’ needs through firmware updates that aggrandize the functionality of its cameras.
Meaning Updates with Firmware 3.0:
High-Res Zoom: When capturing
UHD video, this feature enables the option for high-resolution zooming which finer extends the focal range of a lens.
UHD footage is captured in
UHD resolution, and and so gradually cropped to the
frame size in real time, effectively doubling the focal length while maintaining resolution. This is not otherwise possible with digital zoom or cropping in post. How-do-you-do-Res Zoom is bachelor regardless of the lens used, allowing users to streamline production and accept advantage of prime lenses, or the extremely shallow depth of field of a f/1.2 maximum aperture lens. This feature can exist assigned to the camera’s Fn1/Fn2 buttons, a lens’ Fn ring or control ring, equally well as the left/right buttons on the multi selector. The end issue is a smooth, parfocal zoom transition with no loss of resolution. Using the buttons enables zooming at a constant selected speed, while utilise of the command band allows users to zoom in or out as rapidly or slowly as they like.
Loftier-Speed Frame Capture+
C60 Mode for continuous shooting:
In add-on to the existing C30 and C120 options, High-Speed Frame Capture+ now offers a C603
option for bursts of continuous shooting of approximately 19-megapixel still images at approximately threescore fps. This characteristic is in DX way, which increases effective focal length while satisfying the various needs of photographers – especially those in the fields of photojournalism, sports and bird photography who value speed and reach.
- Autofocus Enhancements: Firmware 3.0 improves upon the Z 9’s powerful AF organization, enhancing performance and bailiwick detection. The low-light limit has been extended past 0.5 EV, with accuracy improved in depression light and low-contrast atmospheric condition. Multiple enhancements have been made to 3D-tracking manner; focus will be “stickier” on a subject, and less probable to shift into a foreground obstruction that momentarily obscures a subject. Users now also have the option to change the color of focus points to scarlet, which can be useful for shooting in a diversity of backgrounds. Additionally, the detection and tracking of fast-moving animals has been improved when “creature” is selected in 3D-tracking.
- Loftier-Frequency Flicker Reduction added with firmware version 2.10 is now available for video recording.
- Timecode synchronization and UltraSync Bluish: Timecode across multiple Z nine cameras controlled past a unmarried wireless remote control is at present possible4. ATOMOS UltraSync BLUE is now also supported over a Bluetooth connection, enabling the syncing of recording-equipment and/or audio-device timecodes, including equipment from other manufacturers. This is extremely helpful when editing videos recorded in multiple external sound recorders.
Vertical Playback Display: Images and the
menu tin can be displayed in vertical orientation during playback mode.
- More buttons for Custom functions: The number of buttons that can exist used as custom controls and the extension of customizable functions has been increased for smoother access to ofttimes used functions. This also includes the ability to make the Record button programmable.
Auto Series Playback office
automatically displays images from the same burst of continuous shooting grouping after the first image in the burst is displayed in playback manner.
- Improvements to Flash workflow: The “Evidence effects of settings” selection in View style (Photograph Lv), which reflects exposure settings in the photo live view brandish has been improved. This update allows users to choose whether the effects of exposure settings are reflected when a Speedlight or remote trigger is attached. This function allows the user to check groundwork exposure prior to shooting, helping to ostend the resulting background exposure in accelerate.
- Display enhancements: File Info has been added to the information display, and a focus indicator is now available in camera.
- “Override other cameras” function has been added, enabling easy switching between primary cameras when multiple cameras are designated every bit a primary.
- Support for the FTPS protocol offers faster, safer epitome transfer with encryption.
- Reset focus distance during [Focus shift shooting]: During focus shift shooting, the focus position at the start of shooting can be memorized and returned to the initial focus position after a serial of shots has been taken.
- Full format role: When using CFexpress cards that support total formatting, this function tin can be used to delete information completely to help users maintain maximum functioning.
Nikon Inc. is a globe leader in digital imaging, precision optics and technologies for photograph and video capture; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and functioning for an award-winning assortment of equipment that enables visual storytelling and content creation. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional person Z Series mirrorless photographic camera, digital SLR cameras, a vast assortment of NIKKOR and NIKKOR Z lenses, Speedlights and arrangement accessories, Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products. For more information, punch (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers and visual storytellers to the Web’south most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Vimeo and Flickr.
Specifications, design, product name, and supplied accessories may differ by land or area. Specifications and equipment are subject field to alter without any find or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- Hi-Res Zoom is bachelor merely with video recording in the following codecs: at ProRes 422 HQ 10-bit (MOV), H.265 10-bit (MOV), H.265 eight-bit (MOV), or H.264 eight-flake (MP4) -with paradigm area set up to FX (36×24). Restrictions apply to some photographic camera features.
- With AE/AF tracking at an epitome quality setting of JPEG normal only. The maximum number of frames that tin be captured with a single burst is fewer than that possible with high-speed continuous shooting. Use of a Nikon-recommended memory card is recommended.
- Epitome expanse fixed at DX (24 ×16). If a DX lens is attached when C120 is selected, the high-speed frame capture setting will automatically modify to C60 and image surface area will exist stock-still at DX (24 ×16). Pre-Release Capture is supported.
- A signal from the shutter-release button resets device timecodes. Therefore, still images cannot be captured during video recording by pressing the shutter-release button when timecode synchronization is enabled.
SOURCE Nikon Inc.