This wikiHow teaches you lot how to properly remove a SIM card from any model of iPhone. The SIM card is located inside of a special tray that can be pulled free from your iPhone using a special SIM eject tool or the pointed end of a paperclip. Once the tray is removed, you can easily pop the SIM card gratis from its seat and insert a new one.
Things You Should Know
- Insert a paperclip into the hole on the side of your phone or the top of it to slide the SIM card tray out.
- With the tray ejected, remove your SIM card.
- Some iPhones may accept ii SIM cards instead of one.
Agree your iPhone upright with the screen facing you lot.
- Use this method to remove the SIM card from the iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone xi Pro Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 (all models), iPhone eight and 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPhone six, iPhone SE, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and 5s, iPhone 4s, and iPhone 4.
- This method will also work for all iPad models, except if you have the fourth generation, 3rd generation, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, the SIM tray will be on the left side instead of the correct.
Locate the SIM tray on the right border of the iPhone.
It’s near the center of the right edge on the iPhone 8 and earlier, besides as the iPhone XS Max, xi Pro, and xi Pro Max. If you have an iPhone XR or iPhone 11, information technology’ll be closer to the bottom-right edge.[one]
Insert a straightened paperclip or SIM eject tool into the pigsty on the tray.
The hole should be pretty easy to spot on the bottom of the SIM tray. Button the tool in gently to eject the tray.
Pull the tray outward and remove the SIM carte du jour.
You should be able to easily lift the card free from the tray. If you programme to insert a new SIM bill of fare, pay attention to the orientation of the current card before removing it. This will make information technology piece of cake to figure out how to insert the new carte correctly.
- Some 10 and 11 models have room for ii NANO SIM cards instead of simply one. If you accept dual SIM cards in your tray, brand sure you’re removing the one you don’t need. You’ll commonly see the carrier’s name on the card.
Insert the new SIM card (optional) and reinsert the tray.
The SIM carte will only fit into the tray in one direction/orientation due to the notch—if you feel that you have to force the card in, it’s likely upside-downwardly or backwards. The tray itself should too be easy to press gently dorsum into identify.
Hold your iPhone upright with the screen facing you.
- Utilize this method to remove the SIM card from an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and the original iPhone.
Locate the SIM tray on the top edge of the iPhone.
The SIM tray is at the telephone’s topmost edge at the center, right next to the Power button.
Insert a straightened paperclip or SIM eject tool into the hole on the tray.
The hole is on the left side of the tray. Press the tool in gently to eject the tray from the phone.
Pull the tray outward and remove the SIM card.
Y’all should be able to easily elevator the card free from the tray. If you plan to insert a new SIM card, pay attention to the orientation of the current card before removing information technology. This will make information technology easy to properly identify the new card.
Insert the new SIM menu (optional) and reinsert the tray.
The SIM card volition only fit into the tray in one management/orientation due to the notch—if you feel that yous have to force the card in, it’s likely upside-down or backwards. The tray itself should besides be easy to press gently back into identify.
Add New Question
How do I get the IMEI number of my iPhone?
Yous tin can dial *#06# or go to Settings > About > General and scroll until you lot discover the IMEI.
How do I save my contacts to my SIM carte du jour?
You don’t, but you can save your contacts using iCloud. Go to Settings, and then iCloud and plow on ‘relieve contacts’.
Practice permanently deleted photos get saved to the SIM menu on my iPhone?
No, a SIM carte du jour is only for storing information about your phone number and cellular service. You might be disruptive the SIM carte with an SD card. Also, permanently deleted photos are by definition gone forever.
Come across more than answers
Inquire a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
Thanks for submitting a tip for review!
Almost This Commodity
i. Hold the iPhone upright with the screen facing you.
2. Locate the SIM tray on the right edge.
iii. Insert a SIM eject tool or paperclip into the hole on the tray.
4. Remove the SIM carte du jour from the tray.
5. Slide the tray dorsum in.
Did this summary help you lot?
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,340,681 times.
Is this article up to date?