The question “How do I hibernate my location on iPhone?” is 1 of many questions users of iPhone practise ask.
Some apps exercise ask your permission to access where you are. Once the permission is granted, even if you try to plow it off, your location details will notwithstanding be within the reach of the app makers which may be used against yous.
Therefore, to foreclose this, y’all need to know how to hide your location on iPhone.
How to Hide Location on iPhone without Them Knowing
How do I hide my location on iPhone? The following are the different ways to exercise this.
Way 1. Hide Location with FoneGeek iOS Location Changer
A location changer is one of the effective tools yous can use to hide the existent location of the iPhone easily. As there are different location changers out there, y’all may desire to go for FoneGeek iOS Location Changer.
This is a great iOS location changer that tin can aid hide/fake iPhone location from particular persons or location-based apps/services by changing the location of your device to a specific identify where you’re not in.
Steps to Fake/Hide Location on iPhone with FoneGeek iOS Location Changer
Start by connecting your device to your PC and launch the app. Choose “Get Started” to proceed.
Note: Ensure that every location-based app running in the groundwork is stopped before you keep.
Pace ii: Unlock your iPhone and trust your PC. Then await for the PC to load.
Afterwards a successful loading process, arrange the pin to wherever you have in listen or option whatsoever location on the search bar. Then press the “Motility” button to change.
Step iv: Open any app that requires location on your iPhone to know if the changes have been made.
Way 2. Turn On Airplane Mode
Turning on Aeroplane mode is an effective way to hibernate your location. To get information technology done easily with this method, follow the beneath steps.
- Swipe upwardly to meet the “Control Heart” of your device from the Home screen.
- Press the Airplane fashion to active it
- You will see the icon’s color turn low-cal blue which indicates the Airplane way is on.
This method will cease you from accessing services such equally cellular connection, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.
Way 3. Turn Off Share My Location
Apart from turning off your “Airplane” fashion to hibernate iPhone location, you can hide your location by disabling “Share My Location”. Below are the detailed steps which are likely to work on iPhone ( iOS 8 or higher):
- Open your “Settings” on iPhone, curl down and click on “Privacy” settings.
- Tap on “Location Services”.
- Click on “Share My Location”.
- And then toggle the “Share My Location” feature to disable it.
Way 4. Use Location Services Options
Using “Location Services” Options is some other great mode to hibernate your location on your iPhone. To practice this, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- Select “Location Services”.
- Toggle off the feature to disable all apps
This method will affect the functionality of some apps such every bit the Weather condition app and Camera. Therefore, to forbid this from happening, you should try to disable “Location Services” for particular apps. To practise this, click on a specific app in the “Location Services” and select any of the three options: Never, Always, and While Using.
Moreover, apart from a few native apps such as Camera, Weather, and Maps that crave admission to Location Services, you can permit others stay disabled ( you will exist asked by any app that requires geo-location to turn it on)
Way 5. End Sharing on Observe My App
With the “Discover My” app, you can share your location with other people’s iPhone shut to you. It is an constructive tool very useful when information technology comes to tracing a lost device. So, to terminate sharing your location on iPhone, follow the beneath steps.
- Click on the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Me” icon at the bottom corner and switch off the “Share My Location” tab by toggling it back.
- For individual members, click on the “People” tab and press a member from the lists. Then printing “Stop Sharing My Location” on the available options.
Mode 6. Utilise System Services
You can edit or delete a location entry through the use of ” System Services”. How tin can this be done? Follow the beneath steps:
- Open the “Settings” app and press the “Privacy” option.
- Go to “Location Services” options and click on “System Services”.
- To switch off the access to your location, Click to toggle off “Significant Locations” on the list of options on “Arrangement Services”.
- Select the “Clear History” button to remove every logged-in location.
Style 7. Faux iPhone Location with a VPN
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is another piece of cake way to hide your location on your iPhone. To apply it, you need to download an app such every bit Express VPN that can facilitate it. Below are steps to follow to apply VPN to hide your location.
- To add the VPN on your device, download and install the app and grant your iOS device permissions as it asks for them.
- Select the “Allow” button and meet the VPN app configured automatically. Afterward a successful configuration, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Press the “General” option and click on the “VPN” option.
Note: Select the VPN app y’all want to utilize on the list if you lot take already installed multiple ones.
Function 2. FAQs nigh How to Hide Location on iPhone
Q1. Tin you lot fake your location on Find My iPhone?
The only way to fake your location on Find My iPhone is to jailbreak your device.
Q2. Can someone even so come across your location on Plane mode?
No one tin can see your location the moment y’all put your device on “Airplane” mode.
Q3. How to end sharing locations without them knowing?
You can use the hiding location feature to temporarily switch off the location service. This feature doesn’t ship a notification.
This piece has provided different ways on how y’all tin hibernate location on iPhone without them knowing. Follow the steps to protect yourself from the risk of privacy leakage.