Exercise y’all want to proceed your iPhone contacts private? Or maybe y’all accept several contacts yous wish to proceed but don’t want them appearing in your address book. While iPhones don’t have a built-in app or a directly solution that can hide individual contacts, in that location are a few workarounds you tin attempt. In this article, we’re sharing some ways how to hide contacts on iPhone.
- 5 Methods How To Hide Contacts On iPhone
five Methods How To Hide Contacts On iPhone
Permit’s check out hither a list of how to hide contacts on iPhone:
Method i:Hide Contact On iPhone Past Using a Nickname
This is the easiest method how to hibernate contacts on iPhone. Have note, however, that this method can only hibernate the existent contact name initially. When someone snoops further, they’ll exist able to see more information near that certain contact.
Besides, this method tin’t exist washed in bulk, and you’ll have to do it individually. Hither are the steps to mask your contact using a nickname.
- Open your Contact.
- Coil down and find the contact you want to mask with a nickname.
- Tap the contact.
- On the top right corner, tap the Edit button.
- Scroll down and tap the ‘Add Field’ button. This should open a new listing.
- Tap ‘Nickname’ from the list and enter your desired nickname.
- That contact will now appear with its nickname. This should preclude people from knowing their real names.
Method ii: How To Hide Grouped Contacts On iPhone
This is a more effective and safer method on how to hide contacts on iPhone. You tin create a contact group and hide information technology. You need to create a new contact grouping via iCloud, assign contacts to the grouping and hide the group. Here’s how to exercise this:
- Go to
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- After a successful login, find and click on ‘Contacts.’
- From the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the ‘+’ icon.
- Then, click on ‘New Grouping.’
- Past default, the new group will exist titled ‘Untitled Group 1.’ Change it to the desired name of your contact group.
- After successfully creating a group, click ‘All Contacts.’ Here, you can drag all desired contacts within the newly-created group. To make a bulk move, you tin agree the ‘Control’ button while clicking on contacts.
- After filling the group, head back to ‘Contacts’ on your iPhone.
- From the left top corner of the screen, tap on the Groups icon.
- Choose the group you merely created.
- And so tap ‘Hide All Contacts’ and save the changes. Once you go dorsum to the main contact folio, all contacts from the group should at present be subconscious.
Method three: Hide iPhone Contacts Via Gmail
Your Google Contact is another powerful tool you can use to hide specific contacts. In detail, it’due south highly effective if you wish to forbid personal contacts from mixing with your piece of work contacts besides every bit hiding the latter from your iPhone contact menu.
Here’s how to hide your Google Contacts:
- Open up Google Contact on your iPhone.
- Cull the contact you lot wish to hide.
- On the top right corner, tap the three-dot icon.
- From the options, choose ‘Hide from contacts.’ This should stop the Google contact from actualization on your iPhone contact list.
Method 4: Hibernate Contacts From The Spotlight Search
Have note that regardless of how well y’all try to hibernate your iPhone contacts, they’ll notwithstanding appear in your Spotlight searches. So, if you wish to know how to hibernate contacts on iPhone completely, then you need to disable Siri’s suggestions for your iPhone contacts.
When enabled, anyone trying to snoop around your iPhone can easily runway down a specific contact detail by but typing the contact’south name in your Spotlight Search. Thus, disabling information technology can prevent the chances of anyone searching for specific details or contacts about that person using the Spotlight Search feature.
Hither are the steps on how to disable
for your contacts and prevent contacts from displaying in the Spotlight Search.
- Go to Settings.
- Whorl downwardly and tap ‘Siri & Search.’
- Find and tap ‘Contacts.’
- Turn off all the options under ‘Suggestions’ and ‘While searching.’
Method v: Lock The App Switcher
If you’re using iOS 8, then you should take a look at your app switcher. Opening the app switcher in public volition display your contacts and the people you recently talked to.
So, if you’re out in public and desire your contacts to stay subconscious from prying eyes, y’all desire to lock down the App Switcher. You tin can hibernate your contacts from the app switcher by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Find and tick off the option ‘Evidence in App Switcher.’
Take notation that this characteristic seems to accept been removed from iOS9 and newer
It is possible the you may have hidden some of your contacts in a group or may also forgotten almost them. For yous to detect these hidden contacts, merely go to ‘Groups’, then select ‘Show All Contacts’, this will restore all of your total contact list.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with an idea on how to hide contacts on iPhone and better
protect your privacy. The last thing you want is someone trying to get some of your contacts and snooping on your privacy. And then, what are you waiting for? Effort out the post-obit methods to immediately hibernate any sensitive contacts you may accept on your iPhone device.
Delight do not hesitate to share your ideas in the comment section beneath. Accept a nice one.