iPhone voicemail features permit you expect at the data associated with the voicemail to keep important dates, and y’all can even send a voicemail to another person by text or e-mail. However, some users may accidentally delete a voicemail — as many commonly do with photos — or notice their voicemails are gone afterward updating to a new iOS version.
Accidentally deleting information isn’t rare. In fact, many people likely experience this problem when clearing out their photograph albums or removing voicemails they think are unimportant — until they realize their mistake later. If this has happened to you, you’ve likely searched frantically for a solution on the internet that led you to this article. Keep reading, and we’ll show you lot different methods of retrieving a deleted voicemail and other tips and tricks you lot may not have known about your iPhone’s voicemail feature.
Can You Recover Deleted iPhone Voicemails?
Yes, you can recover deleted iPhone voicemails if y’all accidentally delete a message you want to keep. Many reasons can atomic number 82 to the deletion of a voicemail, including:
- You accidentally deleted it
- Your system upgrade has failed
- Your device is damaged
- Yous did a factory reset on your device without a backup
Fortunately, iPhones tin can usually help prevent the permanent deletion of an of import voicemail with a built-in characteristic that makes information technology easy to recover. Still, this feature merely works depending on how long your network carrier will store voicemail messages. If the voicemail yous’re trying to recover is over two weeks former, you might be out of luck.
In this case, it’s a good thought to bank check with your mobile carrier to determine if the voicemail is salvageable. Generally, most carriers store voicemails for no more than thirty days, merely some may keep them longer. If you accidentally deleted a voicemail on your iPhone from the night earlier, you tin can probable recover it yourself without a problem.
When Y’all Can’t Undelete Voicemails on Your iPhone
In improver to whether your network carrier automatically clears deleted letters every so often, it may be incommunicable to retrieve your deleted messages if you often sync your phone with your estimator or laptop. Retrieve of your deleted messages as a trash can or recycle bin. As with existent trash bins, these files will stay there until they are fully ‘emptied.’
When yous sync your phone with your reckoner, this activity finer takes out the trash and deletes all photos, messages and voicemails you have intentionally — or accidentally — deleted. As long as you haven’t synced your phone to your computer since y’all noticed your voicemail had been deleted, you should exist in the clear to become it back. Otherwise, it may be lost for good.
How to Recover Deleted iPhone Voicemails
If you find yourself looking for a item voicemail with no luck, you may take deleted it or lost it in a recent software upgrade. Luckily, you can recover deleted voicemails on iPhones with a few dissimilar methods involving several simple steps.
To recover your deleted voicemail on your iPhone manually, practice the following:
- Open your phone to the home screen and click the Phone app icon.
- At the bottom right of the screen, click on the Voicemail setting.
- You lot should see a listing of voicemail messages. Curlicue to the bottom of the folder and tap Deleted Messages.
- Under Deleted, y’all will see a list of your deleted messages. Wait through and locate the one yous’d like to recover.
- Tap on the deleted message to open it.
- On the bottom right, locate the Undelete button. In some newer versions of iOS, this will look like a scarlet trash can icon. Tap it once to recover the bulletin and move information technology back into your regular voicemail inbox.
For an alternate method, y’all can recover your deleted voicemail from an iCloud fill-in if you’ve already created an online fill-in of your files. Y’all should only use this method for emergencies or if you’ve lost a very important voicemail because information technology deletes existing files from your device. Be certain to copy your data onto some other device, such equally a MacBook or SSD card, before completing any of these steps. Here’s what to do:
- Open your telephone and get to Settings.
- Click Full general.
- Tap Reset, then Erase all Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode to confirm y’all want to wipe your iPhone.
- Open up Apps and Data and click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Click Choose Fill-in and find the version with your deleted voicemail.
- Click on the voicemail to restore information technology.
Lastly, you can use a third method to undelete your voicemail bulletin. Apple lets users recover information, such as voicemails, through iTunes every bit well every bit iCloud. All the same, this backup process also involves erasing your information to initiate a reset, so be certain to follow the instructions above and support your data onto another device before initiating whatever other steps. To make this recovery, follow these steps:
- Use a USB cablevision and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open the iTunes plan and select File > Devices > Backup.
- Once at that place, locate your recent backup on the bill of fare and tap Restore Backup.
- Await a few minutes while your data restores to your device and confirm the deleted voicemail is dorsum on your iPhone.
FAQs Virtually Voicemail on iPhone
Now that you lot know how to recover deleted messages on your iPhone, you may have other questions about how to use your voicemail and what other features users tin can benefit from. Here are some frequently asked questions virtually using voicemail on your iPhone:
How Practice I Cheque My Voicemail?
If you lot’re a new iPhone owner and aren’t sure how to check your voicemail, it’due south not as complicated as it might seem. Y’all can observe your voicemail letters on all iPhones through the light-green Phone app icon. This will bring you lot to the Visual Voicemail, which shows you a list of your messages, including the:
- Time and date
- Length of the bulletin
- Location of the caller if they’re not in your contacts
This feature is ideal for avoiding spam callers or telemarketers, so you don’t have to option upward your phone every fourth dimension you lot go a call from an unknown number. If the message is legitimate or important, they volition likely go out a voicemail, and you can make up one’s mind if you want to phone call back from in that location. As with whatsoever other iPhone app, the Voicemail icon produces a crimson notification in the right corner of the Phone icon to let you know yous have unheard messages.
This feature too lets you choose which ones to play or delete, and you can fifty-fifty delete a voicemail without listening to it. On some versions of iOS, you lot can utilize Voicemail transcription, which shows your letters transcribed into text that you tin read.
How Practice I Prepare a Voicemail Password or Greeting on My iPhone?
When you lot first get an iPhone, you can gear up up a password to enhance security and preclude unauthorized access to your voicemail messages from someone using your telephone or trying to access your mailbox from another device.
Follow these steps to set up your voicemail password:
- Open the green Phone app and tap Voicemail.
- Click Set Upward Now.
- Create a Voicemail countersign using numbers to make a unique code, then click Washed.
- Enter the countersign again to confirm information technology’s correct, then select Done once more.
You can too set up upward your voicemail with a custom greeting to permit loved ones and other callers know you lot’ll become back to them or give them an alternate number to call when they reach your voicemail. You tin as well create a custom greeting for temporary purposes, such as if you’re out of town for vacation or piece of work. Here’south how to prepare it up:
- Open the green Phone app icon and click on the Voicemail tab in the lesser correct corner.
- On the acme left, locate the Greeting button and tap it once to pull up the bill of fare.
- You should meet the Default and Custom options. Select Custom.
- Record your personalized message.
- Play it back to confirm you can hear information technology clearly, then click Save.
How Do You Send Calls Directly to Voicemail?
When you’re grocery shopping, in a meeting or busy with other important tasks, it’due south hard to take every call that pops upwardly on your phone. On the iPhone, you can change the settings to transport all incoming calls directly to your voicemail to let loved ones know you lot’ll be in bear on with them subsequently. Hither’due south how to do it:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Exercise Non Disturb — which is also called Focus on some versions of iOS.
- Tap People.
- Here, you lot can add any emergency contacts or immediate family unit y’all would similar to be able to bypass your settings to telephone call y’all.
- If not, click Also Allow Calls From and choose No One.
- In case of a dire situation, you tin can turn on the Allow Repeated Calls option, which allows a 2nd telephone call from a person within iii minutes to notify you as a regular phone call rather than going directly to voicemail.
How Do You Play or Share a Voicemail?
Y’all can play or share your voicemail messages every bit many times every bit you lot want. If you aren’t sure how to play your messages or ship them to some other contact, y’all can e’er ask Siri for directions or follow these steps to practise information technology manually:
- Go into Voicemail in the Phone app and tap the message y’all want to hear.
- Tap the pointer play button and hold information technology upward to your ear to hear the bulletin.
- Alternatively, yous tin can printing the speakerphone icon to hear the message on speaker.
- To share the bulletin, tap the foursquare box with the arrow next to the caller’s proper name.
- Adjacent, you will meet a carte that gives yous options to e-mail, text or AirDrop the voicemail to another person.
Tin You lot Alter Your Voicemail Settings?
Yep, y’all change your voicemail settings — such as your greeting and countersign — if y’all demand to accommodate them in the future.
To modify your greeting:
- Open your Voicemail tab in the Telephone app and tap Greeting.
- Record a new message and select Save.
To alter your voicemail password:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Telephone.
- Scroll a scrap to the bottom and tap Modify Voicemail Password.
- Enter a new passcode of at least four to seven numbers and tap Done.
How Do You Permanently Remove Deleted Voicemails?
If you want to clear out old voicemails you no longer need to free up some storage, yous can permanently delete them from your iPhone in just a few brusk steps:
- Go into your Voicemail tab in the Phone app.
- Coil to the bottom of your Voicemail inbox and click Deleted Messages.
- Once you’re in the binder, tap Articulate All in the acme right corner
- Select Clear All once again to confirm you lot want to remove all deleted messages permanently.
Can You Gamble Your Voicemail Notification Sound?
As with a text, email or call notification, you can change your voicemail sound as easily as with a ringtone. Here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app and cull Sounds & Haptics.
- Select New Voicemail.
- Tap to select a sound yous like or upload your own ringtone.
Can I Access My Voicemail From Another Device?
Yes, you can. While this might sound a bit odd, you may need to access your voicemail from another person’southward telephone if yous lose or damage your device. If you want to find out if your loved ones take been trying to reach you, calling your voicemail inbox is a keen tip to hear these letters.
Here are the steps:
- Telephone call the mobile number for your iPhone.
- Bypass the greeting past pressing pound (#) or star (*) — this volition depend on your carrier.
- Enter your voicemail password.
- Mind to the directions and proceed.
Browse Gazelle for More iPhone Tips
Voicemails tin can exist of import messages to relieve for many reasons. Whether you lot’re trying to keep an important memory from a loved one or remember specific directions left by a friend or co-worker, keeping certain voicemail messages is a great manner to heed back or share recordings. If you accidentally delete a voicemail message or observe it missing, you now accept some peace of mind that it can be recovered.
At Gazelle, nosotros love to help customers acquire more than well-nigh various functions on their devices, including:
- How to Delete Photos on Your iPhone
- How to Share the Location of Your Phone
- How to Erase iPhone Data
- How to Use the Flashlight on Your iPhone
- How to Change Your iPhone’s Password
- How to Browse a QR Code With an iPhone
Whether you desire to learn how to take care of your device, fix common problems on your iPhone or buy a pre-endemic smartphone, Gazelle has everything yous need. Browse our How-To section to acquire more well-nigh how to treat your iPhone, or check out our Apple News tab for all the latest information for Apple devices.