If you receive a lot of calls for work, voicemail forwarding can exist a very useful tool for prioritizing incoming messages when you’re busy or temporarily don’t have access to telephone reception.
Some cell phone providers, delete vocalization mails in one case accessed after a set amount of fourth dimension. With a
VoIP phone system, you can ship voicemail messages to Gmail or whatever other email service provider to save messages that comprise of import or sensitive data.
In this guide, we’ll dive into how to forward a voicemail, what information technology is, and how to forrard voicemails from multiple devices.
Tin you frontward a voicemail?
Aye, you can send your voicemails equally audio files directly to your e-mail inbox using your mobile device or more conveniently through a VoIP phone system app. You lot don’t have to contact your voicemail to heed to your messages; you may listen to them on any mobile device or figurer that has email access.
Some concern phone systems (like OpenPhone) even combine your e-mail notifications with voicemail transcriptions if you lot want to read your voicemails as well. The goal of voicemail forwarding is to ensure your productivity doesn’t get hampered by a lack of access to your phone.
How to frontward a voicemail on iPhone
Hither’south a quick tutorial on forwarding voicemails from an iPhone or your iPad.
1. Locate and tap the iPhone voicemail you wish to forward.
2. Tap the Share push (located to the firsthand right of the circled “i” icon) to bring upward a menu with diverse options for sharing your voicemail.
3. Decide how y’all wish to distribute your voicemail. You may wish to send voicemail letters via text message or email, depending on your preferred method of communication (or if you want to share with another Apple device, you can cull to Airdrop it).
Go on in mind voicemail to text for iPhone and other iOS devices transcribe the start 45 seconds of whatever voicemail recording.
In one case forwarded, you tin can listen to or play a forwarded voicemail message in your voicemail inbox on your phone or computer∫.
You tin can likewise forward ane-off messages from your OpenPhone number using our mobile app. Want to automatically send all voicemail messages sent to a specific number to an electronic mail inbox? Keep reading and we’ll show you how to set that up likewise.
How to forward a voicemail message on Android
To forward voicemail messages on an Android phone such as Samsung Milky way, you’ll likely need to employ an app that helps with voicemail forwarding.
Searching the Google Play Shop by “frontwards voicemail”,
comes up showtime. Even so, their app offers quite a few limitations.
OpenPhone is the #ane rated concern phone solution on G2.
With OpenPhone, you can
share a business telephone number
with your entire team and collaborate on calls. Plus, sign up for many
toll-free lines, local US, or
Canadian telephone numbers
equally you lot need.
Compared to Google Vocalization, OpenPhone provides an inbox for all your calls, texts, and phonation messages along with a diversity of means to streamline your communication workflows:
- Become voicemail transcriptions on your incoming messages
- Text, voice, and
telephone call forwarding
options to automatically transport these to whatsoever e-mail inbox or Slack channel
- Phone call routing via an car-attendant (IVR)
- Salvage fourth dimension texting with
- Ready expectations on your team’south availability with business hours
- Automatically log your conversations with contacts using our
- Save time on echo advice tasks with the
OpenPhone Zapier integration
- Easily access your phone organization from whatsoever computer or mobile device using our iPhone, Android, web, or desktop apps
How to forward a voicemail from a computer
voicemail to electronic mail
with OpenPhone, and any new voicemail messages will be sent straight to the email addresses you’ve specified. Each notification includes:
- the visual voicemail transcription
- a link to playback the recording
- the date and time the caller left a message
- the caller’south telephone number so you tin render the call
Once you’ve gear up voicemail notifications using OpenPhone, your email messages will be sent automatically every time. 🎉
Hither’south how to set up automatic voicemail notifications to your Google account or any other electronic mail inbox in six simple steps:
- In the spider web or desktop app, select “Settings” from the left-hand menu.
- Click “Phone Numbers” under “Workspace.”
- Cull the OpenPhone number for which you want to receive notifications.
4. Curl down to “Integrations” in your phone number’due south settings and click “Connect to your email.”
5. Notifications are sent to the email address associated with your OpenPhone account by default. To update the e-mail address, click “…” and add as many email addresses as you desire (comma separated).
half dozen. Select which events you’ll receive email notifications for. By default, you’ll receive notifications for all incoming voicemails, text messages (SMS and MMS), and missed calls.
Compared to some providers that offer voicemail forwarding as a paid add-on, OpenPhone includes voicemail to electronic mail as a standard feature.
When would you lot want to ship voicemail letters elsewhere?
Voicemail tin be useful in a variety of situations, peculiarly if you’re in sales or customer service or run your ain company. Here are a few key scenarios:
- You don’t want to take to transcribe or blazon downward the information y’all get from a vocalization message in order to share information technology with others in your company. For example, a sales lead wants to schedule time to chat on a sure twenty-four hour period.
- A voicemail received is more than relevant to another coworker.
- When a pleased customer or client calls to compliment your team, you want to share the proficient news with everyone who worked on that account.
- You’d like to delegate the task or project to someone else. In OpenPhone, you can assign out tasks
Send voicemails with the help of OpenPhone today
If you’re looking for an easy way to filter and organize voicemails you receive from customers or clients, a deject phone system platform can help you stay on tiptop of all your phone advice
With OpenPhone, y’all get even more than fourth dimension-saving features and flexibility to easily scale your company’s communications.
Sign upwards for a costless trial
of OpenPhone to forward voicemails to any device whenever you want in a few easy steps.
Voicemail forwarding FAQ
Tin you forwards a voicemail to another phone?
Aye, you can ship and share a voicemail to some other telephone using the default app on an iPhone or a
VoIP app on most other jail cell phones.
What is voicemail forwarding?
Phone apps often include voicemail forwarding features, which allow you to receive a voicemail on one device and then send it somewhere else.
Consider it similar to telephone call forwarding or
text forwarding, however instead of text-based advice, y’all’re forwarding a vox message.
Information technology makes sense to have a specialized communications platform that makes it uncomplicated for businesses to automatically practise this without needing to spend time on this task.
Tin can you forward a voicemail to someone else?
Yes, you can forward voicemails from your phone to some other person. The audio files can be sent via text bulletin or electronic mail. Using OpenPhone, yous can fifty-fifty include the voicemail transcription when you frontwards a vocalization bulletin.