With the release of iOS fourteen, Apple tree made it piece of cake to hibernate apps y’all haven’t used in a while. It’s keen for system merely also fabricated finding the apps again a little more hard. This tutorial shows yous how to quickly delete “hidden apps” on your iPhone (or your iPad).
For many iPhone users, besides many apps on the home screen and, potentially, as well many folders full of apps become an annoyance over time. With iOS fourteen, Apple tree has rectified that by introducing App Library, which gathers all of your apps and places them into various “smart” categories to the correct of your concluding habitation screen page.
By doing so, Apple tree has cleaned up your home screen and “hidden” less-used apps so that they are out of the manner. Of class, there are other reasons for apps to non appear on your device’southward home screen. For instance, you might have:
- Disabled the “Add to Domicile Screen” option for newly downloaded apps under “Settings -> Abode Screen.”
- Removed an app at some indicate using the “Remove from Habitation Screen” context menu choice and simply forgot about it.
- Sure disabled native apps via “Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Allowed Apps.”
Delete Hidden Apps from iOS Settings
I of the fastest ways to not only see every app installed on your iPhone – but delete theme too – is to do then right from the Settings menu.
- Go to “Settings -> Full general -> iPhone Storage.” Note that information technology will accept a few seconds to load and display all of your apps.
- Locate and identify the app you lot want to remove and tap on it.
- Within the adjacent screen, the very last selection is “Delete App,” which is prefaced by a note that all data will exist deleted from your iPhone and that this action cannot exist undone.
As soon as the app is deleted, information technology will completely disappear from your abode screen and your app library.
Delete Hidden Apps Using Spotlight
If you’re annihilation like me, Spotlight on iOS has all merely taken over the need to accept pages and pages of apps. Equally easy as it to detect apps in this manner, deleting apps is just as simple.
- Swipe downward on any dwelling screen and showtime to blazon in the app name.
- When you encounter the app icon appear correct below the search bar for Spotlight, long-press the app icon until you see a pop-upward menu announced.
- Diverse apps will have different options, but all of them will have “Delete App” at the very bottom of the pop-up menu. A second pop-upwardly will brand sure yous want to delete the app. Tap on “Delete” again, and the hidden app will be gone for proficient.
If y’all can’t observe the app y’all’re looking for in Spotlight, you might have turned off its visibility from “Settings -> App_Name -> Siri & Search.” (Await for the “Show App in Search” toggle switch.)
Delete Hidden Apps from the App Store
While this method works, information technology has one large caveat: the only manner to delete is when an app has an bachelor update or has been updated recently.
- As with the steps above, open the App Shop app and tap on your contour picture. Whorl downward until y’all see the app y’all are looking for under “Upcoming Automatic Updates,” “Bachelor Updates” or “Updated Recently.”
- Swipe left on the app, and a “Delete” option will appear to the correct of the app proper noun and update toggle.
- One time deleted, the app is completely removed from your iPhone or iPad.
Delete Hidden Apps from the App Library
App Library is one of the more notable iOS 14 additions and for amend or worse, Apple tree has made it clear it’s here to stay. It’southward a new way to organize your apps. If you can’t detect an app on the home screen, in a folder, etc., it will be in ane of the automatically sorted categories in the App Library.
- To delete apps in the “App Library,” swipe left from your home screen until yous are brought to the App Library screen.
- Tap on the search field at the very height and enter the app’s proper name.
- Press on the app icon, then tap on “Delete App.”
(You lot can long-press the app icon on the first screen to reveal the same option.) If you don’t press on the app icon itself and instead to the correct of the app, you lot’ll instead bring the app onto your home screen.
- Tap on “Delete” again to confirm, and the app is gone for good.
Oft Asked Questions
1. Can I delete an app without losing its information?
Yes! You can free upward storage space on your iPhone or iPad without losing the app’s icon or its user information with the offloading feature. Essentially, offloading deletes an app and clears local storage, even as all of your information and documents remain stored on your device. If you want to use the app again, tap on the icon, reinstall it and all of your information will reappear. The only caveat with offloading is that the app still has to be available in the App Shop to re-download.
To offload apps automatically, go to “Settings -> Full general -> iPhone Storage” and tap the “Enable” push button next to “Offload Unused Apps.” If you want to offload a specific app, try this instead: scroll down the same screen, tap on the relevant app name, then on the “Offload App” button also equally the “Offload App” confirmation that shows up.
2. Does iCloud/sync information nevertheless work for apps that are hidden?
Even if an app is subconscious, it will nonetheless piece of work in the background and provide notifications, sync with any cloud service information technology’south currently continued to, etc. Hidden apps are more virtually apps that are not visible on a domicile screen than losing data.
3. Why can’t I delete certain apps even though they’re visible?
Y’all might be dealing with one of Apple’s default apps hither. You lot are not allowed to delete some of them. Native apps like Safari, Photos, App Store, Clock, and a few others cannot be removed from any iOS device. On the other hand, apps like FaceTime, Mail, Camera, and Calculator can exist removed and re-downloaded from the App Store in the future. As far every bit third-party apps are concerned, all of them tin can be deleted.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered directly to your inbox