How to Connect Your iPhone to Your Telly
Learn how you tin can connect your iPhone to your smart Goggle box using Apple TV, HDMI, Roku, and more.
If yous want to know how to stream from your iPhone to your TV, mirror your smartphone screen, or use your iPhone as a remote, nosotros’ve rounded up the almost common ways to connect your iPhone to your TV and how to do them.
Is your Wi-Fi slowing down your streaming?
Enter your zip code below to run across faster internet providers in your area.
Let’s be real. Information technology’s been crude in the world lately—nosotros all need a bit of a distraction sometimes, and that means knowing how to cast to a Goggle box with your telephone. Watching YouTube on your couple inch-wide phone isn’t plenty for times like this. Full HD is. So buckle up because we’re going to teach you how to connect your phone to your TV, both wirelessly and wired.
What practise I need to connect my iPhone or iPad to my TV?
There are a few different ways to connect your iPhone to your Tv set. Here is what you lot’ll need (in addition to the iPhone and TV) for each method described in this article. For more consummate details, please whorl down to the corresponding sections beneath.
Connect via HDMI:
HDMI-to-HDMI cable, Lightning Digital A/5 adapter (aka iPhone to HDMI cable adapter), open HDMI port on your TV
Connect via Apple TV:
Connect via Chromecast:
An open up HDMI port on a Chromecast-compatible TV
Connect via Roku:
iPhone, Tv, Roku streaming device, Roku app
Connect via other apps:
iPhone-compatible smart TV with AirPlay or AirPlay two, or, for TVs without iPhone support, a DLNA-certified mirroring app (more on that beneath).
i. How do I connect my iPhone to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The in a higher place Amazon link will also show you some third-party knockoffs priced equally low as $13.99. Apple tree, of course, e’er recommends that y’all buy its products for optimal compatibility, just the 3rd-political party versions will become the job washed and salve you a skillful clamper of change. Just make sure it supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
Amazon.com Price; $43.19 (as of ii/26/21 viii:30 MST). Production prices and availability are accurate as of the date/fourth dimension indicated and are subject field to change. Whatever price and availability data displayed on Amazon.com at the fourth dimension of purchase will use to the buy of this product. CableTV.com utilizes paid Amazon links.
How to connect iPhone to Idiot box with HDMI
- Connect i cease of the HDMI cablevision to your TV.
- Connect the other end to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on your iOS device.
- If you need to charge your device while using information technology, plug one end of a Lightning to USB or Dock Connector to USB string into the second port on the adapter and plug the other end into a power source.
- Switch to the HDMI input on your TV.
ii. How exercise I utilise screen mirroring on my iPhone with Apple Tv?
If you prefer convenience over a ton of cords, we’ll show you lot how to employ screen mirroring on iPhone. Information technology’s exactly what it sounds like: what y’all come across on your iPhone screen is what you lot’ll see on your TV. That includes everything from battery level to pop-up message notifications to any you lot were reading or watching—so exist careful when you use this pick. You don’t want everybody knowing your concern.
How yous get about it depends on what devices y’all have, just here’south what to do if yous’re in the Apple ecosystem.
Just connect your iPhone to your AirPlay–compatible TV easily with an
and Apple’due south AirPlay (or AirPlay 2) wireless protocol. This lets you lot stream videos, display photos, and other content directly or mirror your device’s display on your Television receiver. It’s easier than it sounds, promise.
Just if you’re worried, here’s exactly how to stream from your phone to your Tv set—Apple style.
How to use screen mirroring on iPhone with Apple TV
- Make sure your iPhone and Apple TV are on the aforementioned Wi-Fi network—otherwise they won’t see each other.
- Open Control Eye on your iOS device. On iPad or any iPhone
than the iPhone X, do this by swiping upwardly from the lesser of the screen. On iPhone X, swipe downward from the right of the notch.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring push. It looks like ii overlapping rectangles.
- Select your Apple TV from the list that appears.
- If an AirPlay passcode pops upwardly on your TV, enter the code on your iOS device.
- If you lot desire to stop mirroring, open Control Middle. Then, under Screen Mirroring, tap Stop Mirroring.
Y’all can also utilize screen mirroring with an app and an AirPlay two-compatible smart Tv.
3. How exercise I bandage my iPhone to my Tv set through Chromecast?
How to cast iPhone to Television with Chromecast
- Are your Apple device, Chromecast, and computer on the aforementioned Wi-Fi? If not, go far so.
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your Tv.
- Install and open a
on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Cast push button. (It’s a rounded rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom left corner.) Select “Chromecast” from the listing of available devices to bandage to Television.
4. How practice I connect my iPhone to a Roku Streaming Device?
There are a couple ways iPhone and iPad users can wirelessly connect their devices to a
- Make certain your iPhone and Roku device are continued to the aforementioned Wi-Fi network.
- In a supported app such as YouTube or Netflix, look for the Cast button.
- Tap the Bandage button, and select the Roku device from the list.
- Download the
Roku mobile app
to your iOS device.
- Launch the app.
- Choose the Photos+ option from the lesser navigation bar in the Roku app.
- Select the media you desire to share to the Roku device.
It’s upwards to you exactly how to stream from your phone to the Tv set with Roku, since you have a couple options. We suggest testing both methods out to see which works all-time for your cyberspace connexion earlier settling in for a movie marathon.
five. How practice I cast my iPhone to my Television with an app?
If yous have a smart Television with born iPhone support, information technology should already take AirPlay (which we mentioned before). You tin apply AirPlay to connect your iPhone to your Television receiver via screen mirroring.
If your smart Television doesn’t have AirPlay, you tin try a third-party Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) app. DLNA apps enable you lot to play music and video content that’southward not protected past Digital Rights Management (DRM).
Try using these DLNA apps to connect your iPhone to your Goggle box:
- McPlayer (Arkuda Digitial LLC)—Pro version is $4.99 (free, limited-functionality lite version available)
- Nero Streaming Role player (Nero AG)—complimentary, has in-app purchases
- UPnP/DLNA Streamer for Television set (iStreamer)—gratuitous, has in-app purchases
Follow each app’s instructions in club to stream your iPhone to your Goggle box.
Whatever combination of devices yous have, nosotros’ve figured out how to bandage to your phone to the TV. So get connected, stream that content to the big screen, and kick back to enjoy the show!
How to connect your iPhone to your TV FAQ
Can I mirror my iPhone on my Television?
Certain CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘Equally IS’ AND IS Subject TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY Time.